LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PAUSE 151.2

Im actually thrilled I didn't gain any weight. I went to the doctor yesterday and he thinks I diverticulitis. Actually I think he TOTALLY misdiagnosed me, because I have none of the symptoms of diverticulitis, except the excruciating pain.

This MD is the closest one to my house which is why I went to him, and getting there was pure agony. The guy is super nice, but he's just, frankly, inefficient. He checked my urine for UTI (which I knew I didn't have), checked my temp (which was 101 while taking meds) and thats it! Promptly diagnosed me! How do you get diverticulitis from that? Besides D is a disease old people get, I'm 37! I think I have some kind of kidney problem which I have had before, but he wouldn't listen to me and totally ignored the flank agonizing pain I was telling him about. I was so frustrated.

Regardless, he gave me super strong antibiotics, which I think I need and pain meds, which I definitely need. Of course my instructions for eating screwed VLCD - soups (sodium) and soft breads, rice puddings etc etc. I wish I felt well enough to make home made soups, because I could almost do diet OK with soups, but I dont. I am flat on my back in bed. Hubby is no cook either!

Basically what I did was NOT take my shots yesterday and I wont today either, but ate as low-cal as I could. As soon as I feel a little better (Im hoping tomorrow) I plan to go back on the shots and diet.
Im pretty frustrated, everytime I start this diet I seem to have something happen! Still, it is what it is, and I feel sooooo sick right now I'm not going to fight it.

If I can just keep my weight pretty much the same and start back on the diet/shots within the next few days I should be OK - I hope. Ill keep reporting back in the meantime.

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you!!! No fun, hope the pain subsides soon. Can you get into another doctor sometime in the future? Hang in there and hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely go in for a 2nd opinion. Like you, I would take the antibiotics & pain meds until the 2nd appt is scheduled. So sorry you are in so much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry. That sounds MISERABLE. I agree with the girls above.

    ReplyDelete