LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Todays Fruit Is...WRONG.

Ok, so you have heard me whine and complain about how hungry I am. I know a lot of it is emotional, but I have really been hungry. I think I may need to up my dose which I will do tomorrow, because I did cheat today - though it was by accident!

I was at the market yesterday and for some reason I thought blueberries were OK on the protocol so I brought a punnet. (Turns out I mixed up the strawberries and blueberries, I haven't bought any strawberries!)

In a fit of desperate need for sugar today I decided to add a bunch of them to a little water and sprinkle one 3g pack of stevia on that and boil it down to make what (would) be in a (good) life, a berry compote - something you would put on or drizzle over a cheesecake, french toast, pancakes or something similar. Normally you would add lots of sugar and some cornstarch to this to thicken it, but I just did the above and then added a teeny bit of lemon juice to it.

Here are some pictures of my experiment:




It was good.... like, REALLY good!

....And of course it was not allowed, which came to me after my second bite when my husband asked which fruits were allowed and I started to think... and couldnt remember, so I went to the protocol.

OH NO! So I couldnt finish it (so sad). But, my point is that it could be made with strawberries and it would be equally as good. So I intend to try that tomorrow, and in the meantime, pray, pray, pray that I dont gain from my screw up!

NB. My husband was more than happy to help me out and finish it - right in front of me! He told me that he would eat it in french toast or pancakes any day, he thought it was delicious and as good as any he had ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment